To enable a payment gateway, go to the Billing > Gateways menu item in your admin panel. Select one of the included 2Checkout or Paypal gateways.
The 2checkout gateway supports payments from more countries and offers excellent personal service to SE clients - they also give users the option to pay via PayPal if they wish. 2checkout charges a $10.99 monthly account fee, but we've partnered with them to waive the first month fee for SocialEngine clients. Visit 2checkout's SocialEngine page to sign up. To ensure that your first free month with 2checkout (a $10.99 value!), visit www.2checkout.com, click SIGN UP NOW, complete the application, and then enter the promo code "se2co11" into the promo code field to take advantage of this special offer today!
Configure your 2Checkout Account
- Establish a 2Checkout account: www.2checkout.com
- Click the Account tab and Site Management subcategory.
- Under Direct Return select Header Redirect.
- Set the Approved URL to http://www.yourdomain.com/socialengine/index.php/payment/subscription/return?state=return (Replace http://yourdomain.com with the actual URL to your domain.)
- Enter your Secret Word. (Must be the same value entered in your WHMCS admin.) and click Save Changes
- Click the Account tab and User Management subcategory.
- Click the Create Username link and create a new username with API Access and API Updating selected for the Access type.
- Click the Notifications tab and select Enable All Notifications.
- Enter http://www.yourdomain.com/socialengine/index.php/payment/ipn/2Checkout as the global URL and click Apply. (Replace http://yourdomain.com with the actual URL to your domain.) and click Save Changes
- Return to SocialEngine Admin panel and proceed to Billing -> Gateways.
- Under Manage Payment Gateways click edit for 2Checkout. Enter your API username and password (additional user that you setup in your 2Checkout account). Select Yes for Enabled? and click Save Changes.
Note: If you change the secret word in your 2Checkout account, you will need to visit this page again and re-save the settings.
If you would prefer to use PayPal instead of 2checkout and don't yet have an account, you can create one at PayPal's website.
Configure your Paypal Account
- Establish a business Paypal account: https://www.paypal.com/signup/account
- Navigate to My Selling Tools by selecting My Account > Profile > My Selling Tools. Click Selling Online > API Access > Update to display the API Access page. Under Option 2, click View API Signature to view the Request API Credentials page.
- To create new credentials, select Request API Signature and click Agree and Submit. For more information, see Creating and Managing Classic API Credentials. If you have existing API credentials, you can also use this shortcut to review them: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-api-signature
- Insert the Paypal API username, password, and signature values into this form.
- Enable Instant Payment Notifications via: My Account > Profile > My Selling Tools. Expand “Getting paid and managing my risk” if needed and check “Instant payment notifications”. Click Update and add or edit settings. From this page, you can enable or disable the IPN service and enter your Notification URL. The IPN messages should be enabled. Set the Notification URL to the one where you want to receive IPN messages. (For example: http://www.domain.com/payment/ipn/PayPal )